January 02, 2010

Another Decade Come & Gone

I can't believe it's 2010 already. Man how time flies!! It's definitely been a decade of many ups and many downs. I'm proud to say that Eric & I have spent most of it together which makes me happy and led to many of the ups :)

For me it started in 2000 by leaving my home in Omaha to live in Tucson. Which was definitely a great move for me, led me to Eric :)

Then I lost my Daddy in 2001. Words can't express how much I miss him. I feel like he's been with us during this whole time so it's not like he's really gone...he's just not here. For those of you who have lost someone close, I know you understand what I'm trying to say.

Then the big Weight Loss Surgery in 2002. Talk about LIFE CHANGING! Or life beginning some would say. Going from 300lbs to 150lbs was an emotional roller coaster of confusion, happiness, strength, courage. I thank the wonderful women in Tucson like Jean that helped me through that time.

Then the fallout of my marriage to Brian and Eric's fallout of his marriage to Gina in 2003. Typically I wouldn't say God plays a role in breaking people up but he does play a role in bringing the right people together. Thankfully he did that for Eric and I :)

After my move to Utah in 2003 it feels like it's been a whirlwind since! A whirlwind of happy trails!

2004 was the marriage year with Eric and I marrying in September and my mom marrying Paul in October :) It was a happy time all around with Eric and I finally feeling like we were connected with the right person. Then with my mom finding a wonderful partner in Paul. I know I'm happy for what he's brought to her life and I know my Dad would be too.

2005, 2006 was a tough time for Eric and I. Loving our lives together but struggling with bringing a child into our lives. It was full of Doctor appointments and tears. We managed to make it through and prove to the Lord above we were made for each other and ready for a child.

2007 was the beginning of my adventure for a higher education and the beginning of Eric's adventure for a better job on base. With the year full of personal goals and triumphs we were blessed to become pregnant at the end of 2007.

2008 & 2009 were focused on our little peanut Aiden. What a little miracle he's been! So full of spunk and happiness he's filled us and everyone around him with JOY! He made the tough times of 2009 so much easier to handle.

2009 was filled with healing from the loss of our dear friend Preston. Like my dad it's hard to believe he's been gone for almost a year. I think about him often and I just hope he's finally healed of the depression he felt here on earth.

Then the big ending to 2009 was finding out we're expecting another wonderful little being in our lives. Not only finding out but finding out exactly 2 years to the DAY we found out about Aiden. Columbus day will ALWAYS be a special day for us :)

Phewww so much going on and I know I've missed a ton! I hope the next decade brings us great happiness with our little tykes :) We can't wait!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! I didn't know you found out about the babies on teh same day 2 years apart! That's really cool!