February 26, 2008

The Last Leg

UPDATE!! I owe a huge thank you to all the Mommy's before me for their encouraging words. I had a lot of people call to tell me their story and their feelings and discovered I'M PRETTY NORMAL :) HAHA I really did appreciate all of the kind words and motivation. Thanks to all of you! I LOVE YA!!

Well here I am in the last leg of pregnancy, I started my third trimester this week. Honestly, it still doesn't seem real. Even with his movements and waking up in the middle of the night to kicking. I still can't believe that in 3 months he'll be here.

This whole experience has been very surreal. When I talk to other Mom's I always hear "Enjoy every minute!" or "Treasure these moments being pregnant!" and although I thank my lucky stars EVERY DAY to have him, I've had a really hard time grasping the "joys" of pregnancy. I've had a really easy pregnancy, no sickness, weight gain has been relatively minimal. My biggest complaints thus far have been the lack of sleep and my restless legs at night. Even with the minimal gripes I still don't find myself "Embracing Pregnancy!!" I find myself full of fear and nerves. Hoping that I'll be a good mom and hoping I'll find the groove without too much frustration. I also find myself wondering why I haven't embraced the joy. Is this a bad omen? I hope not! I hope it just means I'm a normal first time mom.




Whewww sorry for the brain dump :) In any case, here is a picture of me at 27 weeks. I hope you enjoy seeing my poochy belly :)








Love and Hugs,

Michele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you're anxious and worried about being a good mom just proves what a good mom you already are :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele - it is easy to tell someone to enjoy your pregnancy when it's been a while since you have been pregnant yourself - I think back on the "joys" of being pregnant but in reality was it really as "joyfull" as I think I remember it??? Probably not - LOL!! You are going to be an awesome mom! Sewing?-how domestic - I'm so proud of you - LOL!!
Kim