Happy Monday! (Is any Monday ever happy??) :)
Eric got back from his boys Ice Fishing Tourney yesterday. He went up to Evanston, WY to brave the cold with some guys from work. They left Friday and came back on Sunday. He had fun but was bummed he didn't catch anything. Well I guess that's not totally true....he did catch the biggest cray fish he's ever seen :) I think his line may have been a little too close to the ground...but shhhh don't tell him I said that. HAHA
I had BIG plans while he was gone. Plenty of MICHELE time!! That was nixed when I woke up Saturday morning SICK! I couldn't believe the cruel and unusual punshiment!! Here I am with the whole house to myelf and laid up in bed. :(
I was able to work on some homework, sew a few blankets for Aiden, and read my book Twilight.
I found a group of mom's that meet in my area and they have a book club. So the book we're reading now is Twilight. I wasn't sure if I'd like it. It's supposed to be geared more towards a younger audience. It's about this high school girl who falls in love with a vampire. Sounds kind of corny but I was surprised at how good it was. Thankfully it was good because it entertained me most of the weekend.
I did make an attempt to hem some blankets for Aiden. I mean how HARD could it be to sew a straight line...ummm pretty FREAKING hard if you've only sewed one thing in your life!! HAHA Thankfully he'll be a tiny baby and won't be able to remember his Mommy's sad sewing skills. Besides it's the love that goes into it, right?
I had my first baby shower today with the girls at work. It was sooo nice! We met at Tres Hombres a mexican restaurant near work. We don't have many women at work so I was really happy to see that 9 of them showed up. My travelling buddy Tammy was in town from North Carolina so it was great to have here there. We got a lot of really nice things PLUS tons of stuff we needed. The cute stuff is great but I was so grateful to see that it was items we really needed. Aiden will be one spoiled boy!! We have our couples shower on March 14. That will be fun to share that moment with Eric.
I hope everyone has a GREAT Valentine's Day!!! Remember men, FLOWERS SENT TO WORK ARE THE BEST!! hehe
Love and Hugs,
Michele
5 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment