Well it's 2009 I can't believe how fast the year has FLOWN!! What a FABULOUS year 2008 was for the Edwards family. Here's our "2008 TOP TEN" highlights!
- Aiden Colin Edwards
Obviously the highlight of 2008 is summed up in the birth of our lil miracle boy! Everyone told us "life as you know it will never be the same" and they were right IT'S BETTER! We've loved every minute of having him around and look forward to all the years to come. He's the sunshine in our lives and I know he was hand picked for us by my Guardian Angel. Watching him blossom into the curious lil boy he's becoming is so precious. We love that lil guy so much!!
- ALL of Aiden's Firsts
As we sat down to make our list of highlights we found ourselves listing all of Aiden's firsts so we thought we'd just name a few :) rolling over, smiling (not because of GAS), first bath, saying MaMa (at least making the sounds), first trip on the boat. I could go on and on :)
- Birth of Lucas Guerra
We are so lucky to have another great Nephew. Kristin and Matt brought Lucas into this world and we're truly blessed to have little "Chunka" in our family. We've enjoyed the pictures of him growing throughout the year and can't wait to meet him. We're also truly blessed that Aiden has a cousin so close in age. They might be miles apart but we know they'll be great friends. We love you Lucas!
- Spending Time With Family
Living far away from our families is a real drag! We were fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time with them this year. Both sets of parents came for a visit when Aiden arrived and then they were able to come for the holidays. Aiden's truly blessed to have such wonderful Grandparents. We were also able to spend time with my Aunt Lori and she was such a God send! She helped pack the house and looked after Aiden while I attended my first week back to work.
- Eric's New Job
This has been such a great year for Eric at work. He started the year in a new position and ended the year in another new position. He's really enjoying himself and I'm so proud of him. He's finally doing what he truly enjoys. It's great to see him challenged and motivated in his new role
- Our New House
I admit I was nervous about moving. I was afraid the new house wouldn't feel like "home" and all our old memories from Dawson Street would be hard to leave. This move was definitely one of the best decisions we made this year. We love our new house, new neighborhood, and our new KITCHEN :) It immediately felt like home and it will be a great place to raise Aiden.
- Northern Wasatch Mommies
We've found so many special new friends due to my mom's group. We've combined our old friends with our new friends and now our circle is stronger and bigger. Aiden has so many special friends and Eric and I have great mentors! You all know who you are and we love you!
- Babies, Babies, and MORE Babies
2008 was the year of the babies for me and my girlfriends!
March we welcomed Lucas Guerra our beautiful Nephew
May brought Aiden
July brought Tessa Zavala and Lucas Phillips (on my birthday none the less, he's a lucky boy)
September we welcomed Lily Marolf (on our anniversary, another very special kid..hee hee)
October we welcomed Elodie Bunting
In addition, we found out that 2 special friends are having little ones in 2009
I also shared the wonderful world of maternity leave with 2 coworkers
- Labor Day Camping Trip
Taking Aiden on his first camping trip with the Derek & Mindy was a blast. Even sick with a cold he had a blast. Can't wait until next year when he can raise a rucus with baby Havig.
- The 2008 Presidential Election
Eric totally disagrees that this is a "highlight" of our year but it's my blog and I get to put what I want. So I must say I'm thrilled that we have a changing of the guard. I hope Obama does good things for us, regardless I think some new blood is much needed!
Here's to a wonderful 2008 and an even better 2009!




2 comments:
Okay, he is unnaturally cute. LOVE the bubbles picture, his facial exppression is priceless! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
omg!!! That bathtub pic is SOOOOOOO cute!!!!
Post a Comment