March 15, 2009

New Beginnings

So we made it back safe and sound from Preston's funeral yesterday. It was rough week but somehow we got through it. Some people know that over the last couple of months I've started going to church with several of my close friends. It's a non-denominational church called Alpine http://www.alpinechurch.org/ . It's really opened my eyes and I truly love the experience of going.

Eric and I met with Pastor Steve on Wednesday for grief counseling and he answered some questions and ulitmately made Eric and I feel so much better about the loss of Preston. We have a ways to go mourning him but it was a step in the right direction for both of us.

It was also a huge turning point for Eric and I. Today Eric went with me for the first time. I can't tell you how much it meant to have us as a family go. A few weeks ago we talked about "Lessons from Ruth" and in this message Pastor Steve talked about how crisis brings opportunities. I think among this crisis of losing Preston the opportunity for Eric and I to be connected spiritually will only strengthen our marriage.

So after church we stepped out into a wonderful Spring day and I felt refreshed. The sun is shining and ultimately it reminded me of how special each day is. We took Aiden to the park and his happiness and smiles were so infectious. I just love our life!

Here's to hoping you're loving life too!!









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is gettin big, I saw your blog site through facebook, its cute!! we also have a blog you'll have to check us out at leedunelovers.blogspot.com!