November 05, 2008

Profound...

Like many people I woke up this morning and found myself thinking about our new President and the state of this country. Many of you know that my upbringing had very liberal views from one side and very conservative views from another side. I think I'm blessed because I've felt like it's balanced me out as I've grown into an adult.

Many of you also understand that Eric and I have very different views of the world.  I think the military has clouded his views (hee hee) and he thinks I'm just plain loopy some of the time. However, as I sat there this morning watching the speeches from last night I found myself emotional.

Not because a "democrat" was in office but because something amazing had happened. For the first time in a long time I felt like the nation could be united. Then I thought of Aiden and his friend Colby who happens to African American and I thought how blessed is Aiden to be raised in a country where the color of our skin won't limit us. I also felt proud to be an American and proud to know that I voted for him.

I know that some people reading this won't agree and I have close friends who are very "republican" but I hope that regardless who you selected yesterday that you take pride in knowing the accomplishment that was made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very profound. I still think he's way too leftist. I hate his stand on abortion, particularly late-term and not resuscitating babies that survive that evil procedure. It does happen, there is a taped interview with someone from planned parenthood saying it does happen and the baby just dies if it survives the abortion. Anyhooo...I'm sure Obama will do good things for our country and he has my support now! He's our next prez :)

Anonymous said...

What a smart and beautiful daughter I have. I am glad Aiden will be raised with all view points. I also, was so emotional watching the speeches and how this country came together at the time a change was so badly needed.

Mom Carter