Well we made it our first week at home. This has honestly been the best week of my entire life. Who would have known that one small person could enhance an already fabulous life by miles. He's been the best baby. He really only cries when he wants to eat or be changed. Eric and I are truly blessed to have him he's just amazing.
Let's see the highlights of the week...
1. Finding the confidence in myself to be a parent. Recognizing the fact that I can be patient and that a crying child won't send me over the deep end. It is true when people say "it's different when it's your own child". Never believed it until this week.
2. Connecting with my husband in a way I never thought possible. Finding a new love between us.
3. Watching Aiden sleep on Eric's belly :)
4. Having my mom here to bond with her grandson.
5. Mommy and Aiden time during feedings. Being able to provide him with something that noone else can has been an amazing experience.
6. Lastly, coming to bed in the middle of the night after feeding Aiden and having Eric say to me "You're such a great mom". No other words all week have meant as much as those. I think I'll remember that moment forever.
Hope everyone is doing well and has had a great weekend!!
Love and Hugs,
Michele




2 comments:
I told you that you'd be an awesome mommy :) And we all knew Eric would be an amazing dad! He's a lucky little baby boy! And so VERY beautiful!
Wow - his arms look so long in that picture. So cute to see the warp and his arms all stretched out!
Post a Comment