Hi Everyone!!
We're finally home with Aiden :) He was born Thursday, May 22nd at 10:00pm. He weighed 7lbs and was 19 1/2 inches long. Not the 8 1/2 pounder we were preparing for but boy is he PERFECT!!
We got to the hospital around 5:30am on Thursday with NO sleep. As much as Eric and I tried there was no sleeping for either one of us we were wayyy too excited to meet our little man! We got settled into our room and they started the drugs to induce me around 7am. Then the doctor came in and broke my water around 8:30. Epidural came around 10:00am ish and then it was a waiting game. They kept turning me from side to side because Aiden did not like me laying on my left side. When I would have a contraction his heart rate would dip but come right back up. Doctors weren't worried but the nurses did monitor it all day.
The epidural was a whole other story!! For the most part it did the trick all day. However, my left side did not want to cooperate thus I was able to feel quite a bit on my one side. They kept adjusting my drugs but it still never did the trick. Then around 6pm the nurses noticed by IV was leaking out of my vein into my arm which was causing the delay in Aiden's arrival. On top of that my epidural ran out at the same time. So once they got my IV fixed my body dilated from a 6 to a 9 in a matter of about an hour. At this point the epidural was just taking the edge off and mama was VERY uncomfortable. I never did recover and just breathed through the contractions and Eric sat by my side and cheered me on.
Around 9pm the nurse gave me the go ahead to start pushing. We pushed for about 40 mins and then she called my doc who arrived about 10mins later. Boy was she a sight for sore eyes!! 10 mins and two contractions later Aiden arrived. The minute he took his first breath we heard the most beautiful cry ever.
I just cried and cried when I saw his little face! Eric and I were so thankful everything went off without a hitch and he was alert and healthy.
We had a lot of visitors in the hospital, lots of supportive calls from family and friends, and beautiful flowers to decorate our room. Thanks to everyone for your support! So far he is feeding like a champ and is definitely giving Eric and I a run for our money in the poopy diaper department. He's been such a good baby so far we're hoping he stays this way!
I've uploaded a photo album of the pictures we have. I hope you all enjoy seeing our new bundle!
Well I'm off to go enjoy the life of parenthood!
Love and Hugs,
Eric, Michele, & Aiden




2 comments:
Motherhood looks good on you! What a action packed day you had. And Aiden is a real cutie! Can't wait to see him in person.
Take Care,
Bill
He is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Love,
Katie
Post a Comment