July 29, 2008

Where has the time gone...

Well two weeks from today I will be sitting in my cubicle at work. Wondering how Aiden is doing and wishing I was home with him to hear his squeals. These last 10 weeks have flown by and I'm very emotional about heading back to the office. I've enjoyed my time at home and I feel so close to my lil guy right now. It's hard to believe that someone else will be answering those lil squeaks in a couple of weeks.
Over the last 10 weeks I've spent a lot of time with some new friends I've made through a Mom's meetup group. They've been so supportive and it's been interesting listening to their advice about returning to work. Many of them are stay at home mom's or they work from home full time. I've discovered it's a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. Many of them love being home but some days wish they had an office to go to. I'm trying to convince myself that this is the best move for Eric and I, deep down I know it is, but it hurts a lot to think of Aiden at the sitter everyday.
Thankfully Aiden's Great Aunt Lori :) (or as she likes to call herself "Excellent Aunt Lori") will be arriving Aug 8 to watch Aiden during my first week back. I think this will make the transition easier knowing he's with family the first week.
I know there are many women that read my blog that have been in these shoes before and have come out ok and their kids are wonderful so I think there's hope for us :) Until then I'll enjoy everyday for the next two weeks.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!

Love and Hugs,
Michele

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be tough on you for a minute, but Aiden will be in good hands and all the more excited in the afternoons to see his favorite person in the whole entire universe! And how true that the grass is always greener. Sometimes I just sit here and read the classifieds dreaming of getting out of the house for a while!!